Wednesday, November 6, 2013

First post!

Welcome to Homesteading in the City!

My first ever blog where I will share with you my gardening, sewing, bottling, baking and everything else I do in order to become as self-sufficient as possible!

My name is Camille.
I'm 20 years old and live in Auckland, New Zealand.

I have always had a passion for self-sufficiency/living from the land naturally/simple living.
My parents have always referred to me as the 'hippie kid', which I have always felt proud of.
Unfortunately, living in Auckland has hindered my ability to become fully self-sufficient in terms of simply not having enough space to grow, raise and harvest. With that being said, there is nothing out there stopping me from trying my hardest to grow as much produce as I possibly can, sew as many clothing and household items I require and live as close as I possibly can with nature and the land!

I can't wait to share with you all, my ups and downs of simple living!

To start off this blog, I'll share a few photos of whats been happening in my garden this week.

 It was time to hoe the winters growth out of the garden and start planting. 
Thank mother earth for the manly help. That machine scares the living daylights out of me.

 A quick snap of the veges awaiting planting

 Plants lined up and ready to go

 My garlic growing nicely

I hope you all will enjoy my blog and check up weekly to see how I am doing on my long road to self-sufficiency.

Wishing you all well,
Camille xox





No comments:

Post a Comment