Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Long time coming, long time gone.

My idea for this blog, simply hasn't gone to plan.

Over the Christmas period, my Dad got very sick and had an emergency operation. He's on the mend now though, thank god.
We got robbed, they took a lot of things.
I also had my lovely, beautiful dog, Quileute get hit by a car and pass away. :(

This year I have spent quite some time, trying to get back into the swing of things. I haven't been motivated at all to do any crafting and have spent quite some time, trying to get over a bad bout of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. But, with that said, I am finally on the mend and ready to turn this blog into everything I have wanted it to be AND more!

To start that off, i'd like to give you an update on the garden.
It was the worst spring/early summer we've had in a long time. Most of my plants failed this year.
Around 90% of my plants died or didn't produce anything eatable.
With Dad getting sick and my CFS playing up, I have let my garden go. It looks more like a boxed off weed patch!
My plan for when I feel up to it, I'm going to get the weed eater out, weed it back to dirt, get the rotary hoe out and dig it all through. Then I will work on getting my winter veges in!
Ive left it too late to sow a lot of veges, so I thought i'd just have to suck it up and buy some punnets.
Ouch.

I guess sometimes in life, things get tough. I've had a lot of bad luck lately. But, I also feel like we make our own luck. With hard work, motivation and hope, I feel like I can turn everything around and make this one kickass, homesteading year!

I hope everyone is having a healthy and happy year so far.

Camille xox





No comments:

Post a Comment